Bhakti Yoga – Philosophy, Practice & Transformation
This course “Bhakti Yoga – Philosophy, Practice and Transformation” emphasizes the importance of Bhakti as an inevitable component of Yoga and its relevance in the contemporary situation and takes the aspirants into an immersive study of the philosophy, substantiated by experiential practical techniques leading to self-transformation.
“Bhakti Yoga is the path of systematized devotion for the attainment of union with the Absolute. It is the easiest and surest path to realization.” – Swami Vivekananda (Complete Works 6:90)
In spite of all scientific and technological advancements, today’s generation is suffering a lot from emotional imbalances and stress which in turn is negatively impacting their personal and professional lives. Bhakti Yoga, a classical stream of Yoga aids in emotional culturing and balance by the process of emotional sublimation in a Divine way instead of suppressing them. Great seers and realized masters like Adi Shankara, Chaitanya, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Swami Vivekananda have endorsed Bhakti Yoga as the easiest and best path for spiritual attainment. This certificate course on “Bhakti Yoga – Philosophy, Practice and Transformation” emphasizes the importance of Bhakti as an inevitable component of Yoga and its relevance in the contemporary situation and takes the aspirants into an immersive study of the philosophy, substantiated by experiential practical techniques leading to self-transformation.
- To become familiar with Bhakti Yoga as a pathway to emotional sublimation, self-surrender and transformation.
- To acquire a broader perspective of Yoga beyond postures.
- Impart the understanding of the core concepts and frameworks of Bhakti Yoga such as Bhakti, Bhagawan, Avathara, Guru, Bhava, Nava Vidha Bhakti, Sharanagati, Bhagawan Naama, Nama Sankeertana, Japa, Seva and Sakshatkara which are essential components of Sanatana Dharma
- Learn to appreciate the origin and development of Yogic thought and practices from ancient to current times.
- Be able understand and engage with the seminal texts of the Bhakti tradition in their original form like Narada Bhakti Sutra, Srimad Bhagawatam and Bhagawad Gita
- Understand the different approaches, lineages, schools and practices which are part of the greater tradition of Bhakti Yoga.
- Get to understand the life and teachings of great Bhaktas and Acharyas from across the country and traditions.
- Learn to practice a few stotras, bhajans, japa, divine ecstatic dancing, do a simplified puja and meditation
- Learn to integrate these teachings in their day to day living.
It is open to all who seek to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Yoga tradition. It is specially designed for the benefit of:
- Yoga Teachers and Students
- Yoga therapists
- All yoga enthusiasts.
- Sadhakas and Spiritual aspirants
- Etymology & Definitions of Bhakti Yoga
- Overview of textual references for Bhakti
- Schools of Bhakti Yoga
- Forms of Bhakti – 5 types of Divine Emotions
- 9 ways of connecting to the Divine
- Science of surrender
- Characteristic features of a Bhakta
- Life & teachings of Saints in Bhakti traditions
- Practical aspects of Japa Yoga (chanting), Kirtana (transcendental singing), Nrtya Yoga (ecstatic dancing), simplified Puja Vidhana (devotional offering) and Manasa Upasana (meditation)
- Relevance & applications of Bhakti Yoga in modern times.
- 14 Live, Interactive Zoom Sessions
- 2 additional dedicated Q & A Sessions
- Access to recorded sessions
- Suggested Course Readings
- Certificate upon successful completion