The Vidura Niti is most popular among the various didactic sections of the Mahabharata which have acquired a stand-alone significance for their spiritual and temporal wisdom.
This unique INDICA course will guide the participant through the entire Vidura Niti comprising 593 shlokas contained in 8 chapters in the Udyoga Parva of the Mahabharata.
Participants will get to examine the personal, managerial and leadership insights of the shlokas and contextualize them for 21st century Bharatiya Management.Enroll Now
*The Course may not be offered if the number of registrations is less than 15.
26 March 2024 - 4 July 2024
6:00 PM IST-7:30 PM IST
Every Tuesday and Thursday
Vidura, the half-brother of Dhritarashtra and Pandu of the Kuru dynasty in the Mahabharata, was a keen observer of power and politics from very close quarters. His wisdom and guidance on wise and enlightened leadership is captured in his conversation with Dhritarashtra.
The Vidura Niti comprises 8 chapters ( No.33-40) in the Udyoga Parva of the Mahabharata. In these chapters while advising on the duties and responsibilities of a king, Raja Dharma, the foundational issues of personal character have been discussed in eye-catching detail.Some of these are interaction and treatment of others, truthful and moral behavior, Dharma, discrimination between desirable and undesirable qualities, human welfare, attributes of a friends and consequences of greed and ingratitude.
A devoted understanding of Vidura Niti will benefit everyone, the young, the adult , the aged, men and women, leaders and followers, the teacher and the student to lead a clean and sober life.
To provide a clear understanding of the key ideas and philosophy of the Vidura Niti and their application to the 21st century Bharat and the world
- A comprehensive exposure to the key ideas contained in the Vidura Niti
- A clear knowledge of how to apply these ideas in the modern and current context
The 8 chapters can be divided into 27 major topics as listed below which can be further divided into 212 micro topics ( not listed but will dealt in the course)
- Topic 0 Introduction
- Topic 1 The Learned Men
- Topic 2 The High Minded
- Topic 3 The Wise Man -1
- Topic 4 The Preceptor
- Topic 5 Think before you Leap
- Topic 6 Wasteful Effort
- Topic 7 The Ideal King
- Topic 8 Friendship-1
- Topic 9 The Five Objectives
- Topic10 The Wicked and the Wise
- Topic 11 The Virtuous
- Topic 12 Slavery to Senses
- Topic 13 Sin, Virtue, Wisdom
- Topic 14 The Wise Man -2
- Topic 15 Speech and Silence
- Topic 16 The Best of Men
- Topic 17 Friendship-2
- Topic 18 Human Conduct
- Topic 19 The Good Servant
- Topic 20 Ends and Means
- Topic 21 The WIse Householder
- Topic 22 The Wise Man and the Fool
- Topic 23 Modesty and Humility
- Topic 24 Friendship -3
- Topic 25 Pleasure and Prosperity
- Topic 26 Roots of Prosperity
- Topic 27 Enemies of Knowledge
- Vidura NIti by Gita Press
- Vidura Niti by Swami Jagadishwarananda Saraswati
- Vidura Niti by Param Pujaya Kirit Bhai
- Vidura NIti by N S Anantharangachar
- Live sessions
- Access to class recordings for asynchronous participation
- Certificate of Completion upon successful course completion
*Important Enrollment Notice: Please note that this course requires a minimum of 15 registrations to proceed. If the number of enrolled students falls short of this requirement, the course will not be offered. In such an event, all registered participants will be informed and a full refund will be issued.