Sri Vallabhacharya Mahaprabhu : Life and Works
Sri Vallabhacharya Mahaprabhu propagated a Bhakti sect named Pushti-bhakti Sampraday and enriched it with his philosophical insight known as Sakarbrahmvaad.
This INDICA Course will offer an in-depth explanation of both these aspects as preached by Shri Vallabhacharya in his writings.Enroll Now
6 March 2023 - 25 September 2023
6:00 PM-7:00PM IST
As preached by Bhagwan Shri Krishna in the 9th chapter of Bhagavad Geeta, of the various methods preached by Vaidic Shastras such Sankhya, Yog, Karm, Gyaan, Bhakti is considered to be the most superior method for attaining reaching the Divine.
But what is the source of Bhakti? How can a devotee apply devotional practice in their life? To answer such questions, we need to refer to what the revered Acharyas preached. Shri Vallabhacharya propagated a Bhakti sect like Shri Ramanujacharya, Shri Madhvacharya and Shri Nimbarkacharya.
This Indica course will focus upon the aspect of Krishna Bhakti as preached by Shri Vallabhacharya along with his philosophical teachings as understanding the divine form of Krishna is the first step towards devotion.
- To understand Sakarbrahmvaad – the philosophical aspect of Bhakti
- To understand the concept of Pushtibhakti along with its constituents
- To understand the structure of Pushti-Bhakti in accordance with the Puranic and Tantric aspects of Upasana.
The participant is expected to get a bird’s eye view of Pushti-Bhakti Sampradaya as preached by Shri Vallabhachary.
- What does the term Bhakti mean?
- Difference between Nishkaam and Sakaam Bhakti
- Bhakti as preached in Bhagavad Gita and Bhagwat in accordance with Pushti-Bhakti
- 16 main treatises known as Shodash granth written by Shri Vallabhachary for understanding the application and format of sectoral Bhakti
- Philosophical aspect of Vallabh Sampradaya
- Types of Bhakti
- Difference between Upasana and Bhakti
- The ultimate fruit of Pushti-Bhakti
- Aspects of Bhakti as originated from Ved, Puran and Vaishnav Tantra Shastras
- The sixteen verse-treatises (Shodash Granth) of Shri Vallabhachary – Translated by James D. Redington
- Manual to the devotional path of Pushti by Shri Sharad Goswami
- Prameya Ratna Sangrah by Shri Lalu Bhattji (Translated by Maitri Goswami)
- Brahmvada – The system of Shuddhadvaita Vedant of Shri Vallabhachary by Shri Raghunath Goswami
- Navadha Bhakti and Vallabh Vedanta by Shri Shyam Manohar Goswami
- Live sessions
- Access to class recordings (for asynchronous participation)
- Certificate of Completion