Sanskrit for Beginners
An amazingly scientific language, Sanskrit has been considered as the Divine language, the language of Gods!
Sanskrit is a member of the Indo-European language family that includes other sub-families and languages.
It has left an impact on various disciplines and cultures. It is a language with a rich vocabulary and grammatical concepts, philosophy, positively influencing various aspects of our lives. There are several Sanskrit texts and manuscripts that offer ancient wisdom and knowledge and a lot more.
This Indica Course, open to learners above 15 years of age, is our effort to revive Sanskrit among people in an interesting and innovative manner.
19 October 2021 - 28 January 2022
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM IST
Every Tuesday and Friday
This Indica Course is the first in our series of online Sanskrit courses. Sanskrit for Beginners intends to provide a basic understanding of Sanskrit Language and its Literature. Participants will be able to learn Sanskrit online from scratch. It also aims at familiarizing learners with an introduction to basic Sanskrit vocabulary so that it is used in daily conversation.
Learners will be given homework for self-reflection/study and provided with recommended readings.
This Indica Course is for anyone who is 15 years and above.
- Basic knowledge about Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Conversational Sanskrit
- Vocabulary building
- Understanding easy grammatical concepts
- Introduction to Sanskrit: Language & Literature
- संस्कृतवर्णमाला (Sanskrit Varnamala)
- लिङ्गानि (Genders) , सर्वनामानि ( pronouns)
- क्रियापदानि (Verbs),लकाराः – लट्, लङ् , लृट् , लोट् ( Lakaras)
- समयः (Time telling) ,कथाकथनम् (Stories)
- सुभाषितानि (Subhashitas/shlokas)
- सप्तककाराः (Questions in Sanskrit )
- उपसर्गाः (Prefixes) , संख्या (Numbers)
- विभक्तयः (Cases), शब्दसंग्रहः (Vocabulary building)