Leadership Lessons From the Puranas
The INDICA Course on “Leadership Lessons From the Puranas” is the second module in our multi-module “Leadership Lessons from the Scriptures” series.
It explores and discusses the concept of leadership as described in the essential scriptures of Hinduism viz, the Puranas, and traversing time and in demonstration of their universality situates the ideas in the 21st century world to enable immediate adoption and application.
We invite you to explore, embrace and implement the concepts of Classic Indic Leadership as described in the sacred scriptures of Puranas.
17 August 2023 - 21 December 2023
7:00 PM-8:00 PM IST
Every Thursday (Except 7th September 2023)
Indic Civilisation is not only the world’s oldest continuing civilization, it is also the world’s most resilient and enduring one. The ancient Rishis, men of higher spiritual experiences and knowledge guided society through their ideas. It is the power and depth of these ideas that created leaders, founders and makers of the Indic Civilisation, generation after generation, century after century, to bestow not only incredible creativity across the diverse areas of human endeavor but also rescue the Indian Civilization in times of crisis.
What were these ideas that inspired leadership? How did these ideas inspire generations? If they have sustained the previous generations, can they inspire the current generation too in a ‘post-modernist’ world?
As India ascends to the world stage with its growing economic clout, it needs to draw and nurture leadership from its own roots, its own genius.
The Indic Civilization is one of its own kind with a wide range of thinking, captured in its scripture, into drivers of successful and enduring leadership. This course explores the depth and width of Classical Indic Leadership for leaders (young and emerging as well as mature) to guide and inspire them to leave an enduring legacy as their contribution to the Indic Civilisation.
- To give a comprehensive overview of Classical Indic Leadership through principles, episodes and personalities within the essential scriptures of Hinduism viz, the Puranas
- To situate the ideas of Classical Indic Leadership in the context of 21st century India and inspire and enable leaders ( young as well as mature) to apply these ideas and guide not only themselves and their families but also their teams , their departments, their communities and their organizations, their state and their nation and leave an indelible and enduring mark as leaders.
- A comprehensive exposure to the leadership ideas contained in the Puranas
- A clear knowledge of how to apply these ideas in the modern and current context.
- Leadership in the Agni Purana
- Leadership in the Bhagavata Purana
- Leadership in the Bhavishya Purana
- Leadership in the Brahma Purana
- Leadership in the Brahmanda Purana
- Leadership in the Brahma Vaivarta Purana
- Leadership in the Garuda Purana
- Leadership in the Kurma Purana
- Leadership in the Linga Purana
- Leadership in the Markandeya Purana
- Leadership in the Matsya Purana
- Leadership in the Narada Purana
- Leadership in the Padma Purana
- Leadership in the Skanda Purana
- Leadership in the Vamana Purana
- Leadership in the Varaha Purana
- Leadership in the Vayu Purana
- Leadership in the Vishnu Purana
- The Bass Handbook of Leadership by B M Bass
- A Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism by Swami Harshananda
- Leading Consciously by Debashish Chatterjee
- Raja Rishi Leadership by S K Chakraborti
- The Puranas by Bibek & Dipavali Debroy
- Puranic Encyclopaedia by Vettam Mani
- Studies in the Mahapuranas by S C Banerjee
- The Socio Political life of India in the age of the Puranas by Apurba Chandra Barkathuria
- Live sessions
- Access to class recordings (for asynchronous participation)
- Certificate of Completion upon successful course completion