This Indica Course weaves together Indian philosophy, approaches to understanding holistic wellness and guided practices of āsana, prāṇāyāma, mantra and bhāvana along with fundamental Āyurvedic insights on preventive and promotive health.
Enroll today for a mind-body-spirit alignment.Enroll Now
18 November 2022 - 17 March 2023
6:30 PM -8:00 PM IST
Every Friday (Except on 2nd and 9th December 2022 and 3rd February 2023)
The steady but incessant march of new age technology and the global corporate sector, while with manifold benefits in the form of improved quality of living and opportunities for professional growth, comes with its own caveat.
As gadgets rule our world, and a post pandemic work from home model becomes increasingly normalised, health and wellness keep getting sacrificed at the altar of efficient working and state of the art technological expertise.
From a time when the majority of care seekers for Yoga based interventions required management of musculoskeletal issues, there is a gradual but discernible shift to the need for cognitive and emotional wellness, that supports and is enhanced by physiological, environmental, social and spiritual wellness.
As rates of stress, anxiety and depression increase worldwide, further exacerbated by prevailing financial insecurities and everchanging sociopolitical dynamics, there is an inordinate pressure that a majority of individuals from all nations and all walks of life experience.
In such times, ancient disciplines of Ayurveda and Yoga offer us much insight to not only understand but also methods to cope with these challenges, with confidence and from a position of strength rather than vulnerability.
This course is designed to be interactive and participative with weekly assignments for reflection and practices to be followed through the learning period.
- Unit 1 – Insights on Health and Wellness from the Veda-s, Vedānta, Yoga, and Sāṁkhya
- Unit 2 – Understanding subtle anatomy and its influence on wellness – triguṇa, tridoṣā, pañcabhūta,pañcaprāṇa, pañcamaya, nāḍī, cakra, agni and mala
- Unit 3 – Individual uniqueness of constitution
- Unit 4 – Mind – fetters that bind and connections that set us free – pañca kleśā, citta vikṣepa, antarāya, ṣaḍ ūrmi, ṣaḍvikāra, aṣṭapāśa – Fundamentals of Indian Psychology – Insights from Yogasūtra, Viveka Chūḍāmaṇi, Yoga Vāśiṣṭha, Bhagavadgīta
- Unit 5 – āhāra, vihāra, ācāra, vicāra and vyavahāra – essential pillars of holistic wellbeing
- Unit 6 – Ancient Wisdom for Modern Lifestyles – dinacarya, ritucarya, yama, niyama, āsana, prāṇāyāma, pratyāhāra, mantra, japa, bhāvana, nyāsa dhyāna, teerthayātra and utsava – relevance and application in our lives
₹3500 (+ 3.5% online fee)
*Please note that if the number of registrations is less than 15, this Indica Course may not be offered. Learners will be notified about this decision and their money refunded.