Indic Storytelling – Exploring Yoga
This highly interactive INDICA Course is designed to connect the participants with the world of Yoga through the path of storytelling.
It will include activities that participants will be motivated to undertake with enthusiasm. Children and young adults will not only enjoy the oral storytelling but also learn effectively and blossom towards their higher potential.
Older folks are welcome to join too!
18 April 2023 - 23 May 2023
6:00 PM IST-7:30 PM IST
Through this course, learners will explore the Story Path to Yoga. Most of the learning and assignments will be complete during the live sessions.
- Make learners interested in Indic culture by making them experience and enjoy the beauty and joy of our rich oral tradition
- Guide them to engage with our Itahasas and Puranas to appreciate their import
- Inspire them to reflect on the deeper meanings that these can unravel and arrive at their relevance in daily life
- Develop new lens and gain wider perspectives with respect to our oral traditions
- Continue to recall and remember these learnings since storytelling is all about building the corpus of memory
- “View” oral stories as “catalysts” for triggering self-reflecting through the interactions and activities
- Use these not just as entertainment but edutainment towards growing their skills and knowledge of self
- Find tools for reflection (on the self and the world) and consequently self-growth and blossoming
- The trajectory of themes explored will range from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, eight limbs of yoga, some asana practice, to concepts from Yama and Niyama like Satya and Swadhyaya
- The introductions to the learning will be through employing stories, oral telling, songs, and chants
- Exploration and reinforcement of learning will be through class interactions and pre and post activities
- Live sessions
- Access to class recordings (for asynchronous participation)
- Certificate of Completion