India has a rich cultural and civilizational foundation of her own worldview that has created literature on Psychology, scattered across various time zones and disciplines such as Philosophy, Yoga and Ayurveda.
However, Psychology in India, as also in most of the countries today, is taught through a mixed curriculum that is influenced by the European and American worldview and way of life.
This Indica Course draws upon the ancient, yet very relevant, wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga that has now been rediscovered by modern sciences of Psychoneuroimmunology, Cardio Energetics, Epigenetics and even Quantum Physics. It weaves a tapestry of ancient and modern theory and practice based on the Universal principles derived from Ayurveda and Yoga. Aspirants enrolling into this Indica Course are bound to discover Psychology in a new light.
Come join us and acquaint yourselves with Indic Psychology and reacquaint yourself with indigenous Indic knowledge systems.
21 April 2022 - 15 September 2022
06:00 PM-7:30PM IST
Every Thursday (Except 2nd June 2022 and 9th June 2022)
The post pandemic world needs to revise its own understanding of what is life and what it is be Human. We need to revive the interconnectedness of Human Beings with each other and Nature. The outward growth fueled by Technology and internet have not resulted in a similar growth of inner consciousness and inner-net. The one who knows Self, will understand the others and the world.
Indic Psychology is the way forward for humanity struggling to balance physical and mental health. While Happiness Courses and Ministries are being offered and yet, pursuit of Happiness is still alluding.
Indic Psychology gives us the lens to have the right world view, reconnects us with Heart, generates holistic and integrating understanding of body-mind and Spirit.
- Understand Psychology from ancient Indic wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga
- Collaborate the wisdom with modern scientific research
- Learn practices and rituals to balance health, optimize energy and effectiveness
- Deeper understanding of Psychology to address world challenges today in mental health
- Application of Ayurvedic and Yogic wisdom in personal and professional life as psychologist, counsellor, coach, or nutrition expert
- Enhanced energy and balanced health through Positive Psychology and Well-being
- Introduction and Scope of Indic Psychology
- Cosmology and Involution of Human Beings
- Embryology and Epigenetics- Relationship with Psyche
- Ayurvedic profile- beyond Trait, Type and Temperament Theories. Panch Mahabhoota, Triguna and Tridosha Matrix. (4)
- Manas- Taming the Monkey Mind
- Role of Heart- Hrydaya- as Intelligence
- Role of Gut in Health and Intelligence
- Chitta, Chitta Vritties and Samskaar
- Nine Rasa and PNI
- Psychotherapy- Sattvavajay chikitsa collaboration with CBT
- Bringing it all together- Introduction to the Intermediatory Course
- Dr. H.G Singh, Psychotherapy In India (From Vedic To Modern Times), published by NATIONAL PSYCHOLOGICAL, Agra, India
- Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla and Prof.Ravi Dutt Tripathi, Charak Samhita, 2000, Chaukhamba Sanskrit, Pratishthan, Delhi, India
- Dr. David Frawley, Ayurveda and the Mind The healing of Consciousness, published in 2000, Chaukhamba Sanskrit, Pratishthan, Delhi, India
- Maya Tiwari, Ayurveda Secrets of Healing, published in 1998, Motilal Banarsidas Publishers Private Limited, New Delhi, India
- Forth coming book by Mala Kapadia- Bharteeya Manas Shastra
Papers and videos will be shared during the course as pre/post reading
₹7000 (+ 3.5% online fee)