The Indica Course on Ayurvedic Nutrition is for knowledge seekers who want to benefit from the learning in classical Ayurvedic texts. If you wish to broaden your understanding how Ayurveda food concepts can be applied for contemporary use, this course is for you.Enroll Now
26 July 2022 - 27 September 2022
6:30 PM -8:00 PM IST
India has a rich repertoire of foods seeped with traditional knowledge. Today, the line between traditional home practices and Ayurveda is sometimes blurred. The former is what we know culturally and intuitive; the latter is a codified medical knowledge system.
What will the course cover?
- How Ayurveda views a swasthya (health), and the person in relation to the cosmos. Tridosha siddhanta
- What the Ayurveda shastras (traditional texts) say about food, in terms of its classification, consumption and dietary practices such as fasting
- Comparison of Ayurveda concepts with contemporary biochemical understanding. Learn about where ideas between the two converge and diverge. Become aware of recent research in support of concepts
- Learn through 4 examples: pregnancy, diabetes, iron-deficiency anemia and brain health, how physiology and dietary advice are described in Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurveda, Understanding the Upayoktha Assignment
- Prakruti self-assessment discussion, Prakruti and genomics. Prakruti of food – Rasa, Guna
- Rasa game, Prakruti of food – Virya, Vipaka, Karma with relation to modern biochemistry
- Karana, Samyoga, Desha, Kala Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Rashi, Upayoga Samstha, Shadrasa Game Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Ayurveda Physiology – a primer Dhatu, Mala, Agni
- Viruddha Ahara + Discussion session
- Ayurveda dietetics for Pregnancy and infant health
- Ayurveda dietetics for Diabetes
- Design-a-diet assignment discussion, Ayurveda dietetics for brain health and iron-deficiency anemia
A 48 page textbook (PDF), exclusively prepared for this course which compliments lectures.
₹3500 (+ 3.5% online fee)
*Please note that if the number of registrations is less than 15, this Indica Course will be offered in the self-paced mode. The change of format shall be notified through email. Learners will also be notified when pre-recorded lectures are available for their perusal on the learning portal. There will no change in the course fee. Learners not interested in pursuing the self-paced format can either request for a transfer into any existing or upcoming course or a credit voucher redeemable in future for another course.