The Indica Course on Ayurvedic Nutrition is for knowledge seekers who want to benefit from the learning in classical Ayurvedic texts. If you wish to broaden your understanding how Ayurveda food concepts can be applied for contemporary use, this course is for you.
Date & Time
26 July 2022 - 27 September 2022
6:30 PM -8:00 PM IST
Course Fee: ₹3500
Medium of Instruction
The content has been designed keeping in mind the curriculum that Indian undergraduate students in food, nutrition and dietetics are exposed to.
One year from the beginning of the course
Online through Indica Courses Learning Portal
India has a rich repertoire of foods seeped with traditional knowledge. Today, the line between traditional home practices and Ayurveda is sometimes blurred. The former is what we know culturally and intuitive; the latter is a codified medical knowledge system.
What will the course cover?
- How Ayurveda views swasthya (health), and the person in relation to the cosmos. Tridosha siddhanta
- What the Ayurveda shastras (traditional texts) say about food, in terms of its classification, consumption and dietary practices such as fasting
- Comparison of Ayurveda concepts with contemporary biochemical understanding. Learn about where ideas between the two converge and diverge. Become aware of recent research in support of concepts
- Learn through 4 examples: pregnancy, diabetes, iron-deficiency anemia and brain health, how physiology and dietary advice are described in Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurveda, Understanding the Upayoktha Assignment
- Prakruti self-assessment discussion, Prakruti and genomics. Prakruti of food – Rasa, Guna
- Rasa game, Prakruti of food – Virya, Vipaka, Karma with relation to modern biochemistry
- Karana, Samyoga, Desha, Kala Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Rashi, Upayoga Samstha, Shadrasa Game Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Ayurveda Physiology – a primer Dhatu, Mala, Agni
- Viruddha Ahara + Discussion session
- Ayurveda dietetics for Pregnancy and infant health
- Ayurveda dietetics for Diabetes
- Design-a-diet assignment discussion, Ayurveda dietetics for brain health and iron-deficiency anemia
A 48 page textbook (PDF), exclusively prepared for this course which compliments lectures.