The Indica Course on Ayurvedic Nutrition is for knowledge seekers who want to benefit from the learning in classical Ayurvedic texts.
If you wish to broaden your understanding how Ayurveda food concepts can be applied for contemporary use, this INDICA Course is for you.
11 April 2023 - 12 May 2023
6:00 PM -7:30 PM IST
Every Tuesday and Friday
India has a rich repertoire of foods seeped with traditional knowledge. Today, the line between traditional home practices and Ayurveda has got blurred. The former is what we know culturally and intuitively; the latter is a codified medical knowledge system.
- How Ayurveda views swasthya (health), and the person in relation to the cosmos. Tridosha siddhanta
- What the Ayurveda shastras (traditional texts) say about food, in terms of its classification, consumption and dietary practices such as fasting
- Comparison of Ayurveda concepts with contemporary biochemical understanding. Learn about where ideas between the two converge and diverge. Become aware of recent research in support of concepts
- Learn through 4 examples: pregnancy, diabetes, iron-deficiency anemia and brain health, how physiology and dietary advice are described in Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurveda; understanding the Upayoktha Assignment
- Prakruti self-assessment discussion, Prakruti and genomics. Prakruti of food – Rasa, Guna
- Rasa game, Prakruti of food – Virya, Vipaka, Karma with relation to modern biochemistry
- Karana, Samyoga, Desha, Kala Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Rashi, Upayoga Samstha, Shadrasa Game Ayurveda & modern perspective
- Ayurveda Physiology – a primer Dhatu, Mala, Agni
- Viruddha Ahara
- Ayurveda dietetics for Pregnancy and infant health
- Ayurveda dietetics for Diabetes
- Design-a-diet assignment
- Ayurveda dietetics for brain health and iron-deficiency anemia
A 48-page textbook (PDF), exclusively prepared for this course which compliments the live sessions.
(Will be made available once the course begins.)
- Live sessions
- Access to class recordings (for asynchronous participation)
- Certificate of Completion