An Introduction to Vaastu
This Indica Course is an introduction to the world of Vaastu Shastra that has been a part of the Indian tradition that began in the Vedic times and has continued through the Buddhist and Jain periods.
1 April 2022 - 13 May 2022
7:00 PM -9:00 PM IST
This Indica course is an introduction to the world of Vaastu Shastra that has been a part of the Indian tradition beginning with the Vedic times through the Buddhist and Jain periods. There is a lot of misconception regarding Vaastu knowledge today and we hope to bring greater clarity on the subject through this course. There have been shifts in architecture, lifestyles and building practices over the years. More and more people are feeling called to question current practices and re-align to healthier ways of living.
We hope to equip aspirants with the background of Vaastu to navigate and address these shifts. The current education does not provide us with a solid foundation and that makes it imperative for learners to raise awareness of our own cultural awareness of traditional knowledge on their own.
Overview of Traditional Knowledge
- Traditional Knowledge consists of the self, the space, food, medicine, and the built form
- Finding the balance between all these elements is the beauty of the Indian tradition
- Vaastu Shastra is not separate from life, it has been pushed as something different today.
- From the time of the earliest people or in the habitat of animals and birds, they have always built in consonance with natural energies.
- The ability to discern the quality of that space is primary to the Vaastu Shastras and this comes from old traditions, where you are actually aware of things that are perceived by the senses and sometimes beyond the senses.
- This imperceptible energy pattern in the world is the first thing that you have to become aware of
- Just as Yoga deals with aligning body, breath & mind, Ayurveda deals with the alignment of body energies and healing, Vaastu deals with the alignment of body