An Introduction to Moksha
Indica.Courses, in collaboration with our knowledge partner Advaita Academy, brings to you a structured course to provide you with An Introduction to Moksha.
We invite you to register for an elevating experience.
This course is for all learners curious about or wanting to attain Moksha. It will cover the systematic process and preparation needed for anyone on the journey to discover their Self according to the tradition of the Upanishads.
The curriculum is based on the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Brahma Sutra and other Vedantic texts.
Learners will be given homework for self-reflection/study and recommended spiritual practices.
- Appreciation of the qualifications for seeking Moksha and what needs to be done to acquire the qualifications
- Understanding of the qualifications of the Guru and why they are important
- Be aware of the process or method to attain Moksha and how the method leads to Moksha
- Being primed for practices that will prepare one for the inner-journey to discover the Self
- Becoming familiar with Vedanta tradition and its methodology
- Recognizing and dispelling the myths and misconceptions about Moksha
- Defining and Describing Moksha
- Myths and Misconceptions about Moksha
- Two Lifestyles Promoted in the Vedic texts
- Sannyasa vs Karma Yoga
- Making oneself Qualified
- Qualifications of the Guru
- The Knowledge of the Self
- The function of the Scriptures in seeking Moksha
- The Process of Attaining Moksha
- The role of Bhakti and Yoga
- The Nature of Jivanmukti – Liberation while Living
- Teaching Tradition of Advaita Vedanta by Swami Dayananda Saraswati
- Without a Second (Fundamentals of Vedanta) by Sheela Balaji
- The Advaita Worldview (God, World, and Humanity) by Anantanand Rambachan